Monday, March 29, 2010

Dont be late for Spring


When I signed up for the tea towel swap it was to my embarrassment that ninety nine percent of the woman hand embroider their hand towels, who knew? I decorated mine with a felted design, a small flower in the center with a touch of hand stiching. I felt awful for the poor woman I swapped with. As you can see, she embroidered me a lovely tea towel with a robin in a happy spring setting. My partner was an absolute gem, the first towel she sent some how got lost in the mail and still hasn't show; however, she sent another and here it is for you all to see.

The other swap (which is far more then that) is an RAOK or Random Acts of Kindness. Those who sign up keep a watchful eye on the others who have signed up and send random items such as cook books, post cards, candy bars, or what have you to other woman they think need a pick me up, or just to let them know that someone is thinking of them. Now, I have to say, these are some of the most generous, caring, thoughtful woman I have connected with in a long time. The little pot holders where one such item I received out of the blue. How can an act like that not restore ones faith in others when you need it. I have other wonderful items I have received and will post at another time. However, I think the gift I have gotten that means the most is the friendships I have made.

No comments:

Post a Comment