Saturday, December 4, 2010

No Coal Please...












Stuffed Christmas Stocking Swap:
Being the most hectic time of the year, I needed to choose swaps carefully for the months of November and December. This was the “Stuffed Christmas Stocking” swap, and I am thrilled to say, I couldn’t have chosen a more perfect swap or partner, it was a blast! My partner had the best eye for detail and put much thought and consideration into the choices she made, it was uncanny. I can only hope she enjoyed her stocking as much as I enjoyed mine.
The stocking I sewed was constructed out of recycled, blue stretch velvet, pants legs (no! they were not my pants) Inside I tucked vintage Christmas balls, a paper house, a water color farm girl key chain, Hammond ribbon candy, a bar of farm girl soap, and other little items.
The stocking I received was filled with the most perfect choices all carefully wrapped in gingham tissue, a pure delight to open. From the set of vintage mini Christmas balls to the BEST fudge I have ever tasted, my swap partners thoughtfulness and consideration for who she was swapping with shined through. Also included was hot cocoa mix, peppermint sticks, a hand crafted Santa ornament and vintage pot holders with a sliver spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment